ECO Lunch Box Three-in-One #24

Couscous-veggie salad, vanilla yogurt topped with min chocolate chips and tiny marshmallows, and slices of fuyu persimmon.

First, a warning. If you have never had a persimmon, and end up with one, like this, that is slightly underripe, run! It will make you believe persimmons are awful. Because the difference between "this is one of the best things I've ever eaten" and "HOW DO I GET THIS TASTE OUT OF MY MOUTH!?" is a razor thin thread with persimmons. I'm just glad my first one didn't taste like this or I would think they all did.

The couscous salad was pretty bland, but perfectly edible. If I were to make it again I'd use some sort of dressing. I made it from leftover parmesan couscous, so I figured it was flavored enough, but it just wasn't enough flavor to take care of all those veggies (tomatoes, asparagus, cucumber, red bell pepper, and carrots--it was at least a 1:1 ratio of veggies to couscous).

Comments

Popular Posts