ECO Lunchbox Three-in-One #66

Hot dog buns, some fresh pineapple, and mock crab salad (to put on the buns). These are the makings of the Viet Vegan's Vegan Crab Salad Rolls (with a side of pineapple--of course you don't put pineapple in the rolls).

I'd never tried smoked tofu before this, but it is really good. The texture is firm, a bit like cheddar, so you can shred it and it will hold its shape. I see more smoked tofu in my future. I don't find it very many places, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that at least one local store will continue to keep it in stock.

This was so good, and looked so good, that someone who saw me eating it actually took pretty intense interest in my food, when normally at work people write me off as eating a lot of weird things. I will make this again. I'm also going to figure out how to make a veganized ham salad with smoked tofu, because I can only imagine how great that would be.

This week has been pretty sandwich-heavy, which is not really what I'd planned to do, but oh, well!

Comments

Popular Posts