Dinner Plate #6

 

Making things easier without necessarily making them junk, part two: More sandwiches? Yes. But this sandwich is a new, fun, delicious one! I found the recipe for the filling at Vegan Richa. It consists of whole grain white bread, vegan mayo, arugula (of course), cucumbers, gochujang chickpea salad, and gochujang caramelized onions. I had that with some kettle cooked potato chips.

Though this still involved some cooking, it was also a straightforward, simple meal. I relied on convenience foods we don't always think of convenience foods, like prepackaged sliced bread and canned chickpeas. 

The caramelized onions are really good. As usual, I should have made more of those, because they're such a great part of the sandwich. Note to self: Double that next time! The sandwich is spicy and filling, and the potato chips balance it nicely. I would caution that this is quite salty, so unless you like it that way (I do), you might want to go easy on the salt.

I'm still lethargic, but I believe I'm taking care of myself well, and that counts for a lot.

Comments

Popular Posts