Dinner Bowl #139

 


Sometimes, I get into a mood and I want nothing but vegetables; I have to sneak protein in when I'm in such a mood. So this one has lots of protein layers! Also, despite looking very beige, this has a ton of green veggies. It's weird how not-green all this is. So:

On a bed of potatoes mashed with cauliflower and roasted garlic (I veganized an omnivore recipe), I have broccoli quinoa cakes (recipe from Power Hungry), charred cabbage in a creamy spinach sauce (recipe from This Savory Vegan), and carrots.

How did I layer the proteins? Several ways. I used quinoa and white beans in the broccoli quinoa cakes, soy milk in the sauce for the cabbage, and I made my own vegan cream for the sauce out of cashews, too. Plus, of the veggie family, potatoes, cauliflower, and broccoli are all a bit heftier in protein than some other options. It's not how I would eat all the time, but it was what I needed on this day.

Also, this meant heavy use of the oven, which I've been dying to use while looking at it forlornly all summer.

So how was it? It was delicious! I liked all these things. I'd probably want to cook the cabbage a bit longer next time, because I love cabbage best when it's practically melting, but it was still wonderful.

Comments

Popular Posts