Laptop Lunches #35

I know it has been a long time. I've been traveling a lot. The good news is that with all this traveling, I feel confident I will graduate and get a job, because it has been very productive. The bad news, for you and for me, is that it often means eating things that look ugly in photographs.

All that behind us now, here is today's lunch:

Carrots with Greek yogurt-veggie dip, sliced turkey tenderloin (I finally managed to cook myself my Thanksgiving dinner (or part of it, anyway) last night), slices of black plum and Granny Smith apple, pistachios, and a little wheel of white cheddar.

Things I have learned in preparing this meal: I must trust myself to know when poultry is done. If I cook it according to package directions, it is dry and overcooked. If I cook it until I think it is done, it is tender and moist and I will end up eating a respectable amount of it in one meal.

This isn't super but what do you expect of a jet-setter like me?

Comments

Popular Posts