Sakura 3-Tier Bento #44

Mango sticks, shredded coconut, pear wedges, baby carrots, red bell pepper strips, hummus, snow peas, mini pretzel thins, and improvisational cheese dip.

This was a something from nothing lunch. I haven't been to the grocery store in a while, and I needed to come up with something. Coconut goes really well with mango, so that was a nice combo. The cheese was a variant of my homemade pimento cheese, really--shredded cheddar, scallions, black pepper, mayo--and was excellent with the pretzels.

My "nothing" isn't everyone's, but this is a good example of how packing a lunch every single day brings out creative solutions one might not otherwise find. Just try to hit the high points and sometimes it all comes together.

But I am still looking forward to having more groceries to work with.

Comments

Popular Posts