Skater Lunch Box #19

Blackberries, stewed kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin), blanched broccoli, cherry tomatoes, some Korean beef patties I found in the frozen section of a Korean market, and rice.

I used Just Bento's recipe for the kabocha. It tasted amazing and once the kabocha squash was prepped it was super easy. However, cutting up a raw kabocha squash and making cuts into the flesh for each piece was probably the most physically demanding chore my cooking has ever thrown at me. My cutting board is gouged. I stabbed myself in the thumb. And I only managed to cut up half a squash, anyway.

If only it didn't taste like one of the most delightful vegetables I've ever encountered, I would say not to bother. Unfortunately, it does taste like one of the most delightful vegetables I've ever encountered. Maybe you can find it pre-cut. I'm open to tips on how to make that an easier process!

Comments

Popular Posts