Temari Rabbit Bento Bowl #15

Corn and tomato salad, orange slices, and chocolate covered almonds (primarily for protein). This could easily be vegan, though I don't know if my particular chocolate covered almonds were, so it is tagged vegan.

Still not up to 100% and still facing an overwhelming number of tomatoes from my co-worker's CSA share she gave me again while she was on vacation, I made this simple salad after reading a bunch of recipes online that all called for fresh corn, which I did not have. So here we are. It most resembles this recipe. It was easy to put together with what I had on hand, and not too overwhelming.

Corn and Tomato Salad
Serves 1

3/4 cup frozen corn
1/3 to 1/2 cup sliced roma tomatoes (or use grape or cherry tomatoes)
1 scallion, sliced thin
1-2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
5-7 basil leaves, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
A splash of white wine vinegar
A drizzle of olive oil

Defrost the corn in the microwave. This will take roughly a minute, but you'll want to stir it a few times during cooking to avoid getting the corn too hot in one place.

Mix vegetables and basil with salt and pepper. Add a splash of white wine vinegar and drizzle some olive oil over it.

That's it. If you only have one kind of onion, that's fine, too; I did what I could with what I had on hand.

Comments

Popular Posts