Sequestration Meal #621

 


I'm really hitting my low spend stride! Although, honestly, this is not that cheap of a meal--I just already had a lot of what I needed--I'm still going to count it. I had some plain RightRice, which I knew would be good to have with a lower-protein main dish. I immediately thought of these magical beefless filets from Chef Jana when I saw the RightRice in the pantry. I served them with the requisite onion sauce and a simple salad.

Given that they do have kidney beans, the beefless filets are probably fine on a day I have made sure to include other proteins, but the RightRice really takes this meal to a perfectly respectable level. Plus, I love these beefless filets, and it's been way too long since I had them (probably since I started focusing on protein). The beefless filets themselves are very cheap--kidney beans, potatoes, corn starch, seasonings--so it's the RightRice that makes this a less budget-friendly meal if you buy all the stuff at the outset. But I'm not doing this challenge to show you how to eat cheaply, per se, so much as I'm trying to avoid spending my own money in August, so if it's already in my pantry, it's "free" for these purposes.

In any case, this was delicious; absolutely no complaints, except (as usual) I really should have made more onion sauce--you can never have too much onion sauce.

Comments

  1. Those beefless fillets sound unlike anything I've ever tried before. I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always enjoyed them. But don't skimp on the onion sauce!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts