What I Ate in a Day #30 (Low Spend Month Version)

I can't keep this low spend thing forever. But here's another pretty good day of food, based a lot on what I had on hand.


I started with some herbal spiced herbal tea with some soy milk, orange juice, and a bagel sandwich. The sandwich had a bunch of stuff from the freezer--my last bagel, my last hash brown patty, a veggie sausage, and a folded JUST Egg--and some margarine and a slice of non-dairy cheese. It was good, but messy; the hash brown patty did not want to stay inside the sandwich.


For lunch, I made a raid-the-fridge salad very similar to one you've already seen--romaine, blanched broccoli, shredded carrot, red onion, and baby corn--only this time I added a sprinkle of non-dairy mozzarella from the fridge and packed some homemade "ranch" and some Salad Toppins for finishing the salad when ready to eat. I had that with leftover cheesy quinoa with broccoli and chickpeas and a couple of apricot bites. This was good!


I had frozen some of my brown rice and soy curls casserole from last month, so now that I'd had a break from it I was ready to eat a bit more of it. I made peanut sauce to go with it and just warmed the whole shebang in the same bowl, which is why it looks so messy. I topped it off with sriracha. This was fine, though I think brown rice just doesn't freeze well for whatever reason.

Not pictured, I also took my usual extras: a multivitamin and algae-based DHA supplement.

This was the last day in a two-week span between shopping trips; you'll see more fresh food soon. I can't wait! I am having such serious fresh fruit-and-veggie cravings.


Comments

Popular Posts