To avoid going into a rut when I was not in the mood for cooking, I picked up some fancy tortilla wraps. Here's one of the wraps I made from Tofurky, spinach, and tomato, served with barbecue chips.
I should probably go for wraps more often; they're so versatile!
In support of "wraps": I make a batch of flour tortillas every other week--to use as wraps--varying the flour used (e.g. spelt, chickpea, whole wheat pastry, buckwheat, white; usually they are a mix of spelt or whole wheat and white). I keep leftover tortillas in the freezer. They are, as you say, so versatile. Have a large variety of fav fillings and it's fun to experiment with new fillings. Wraps are nicely transportable and great to take for work lunches. I would encourage making one's own wraps; so good! When it comes to bread making, I always use my bread machine to do the work as I don't enjoy all of the kneading required. But when it comes to tortillas, I find it enjoyable and therapeutic to roll my own.
ReplyDelete