Dinner Plate #96
Remember that bread I baked? Here, I've made a Tofurky ham and Daiya Swiss sandwich with it, and served it alongside a version of the vegan broccoli soup recipe from Love and Lemons. (I still haven't ever made that recipe as written, though I've used it as a jumping off point many times to use up broccoli stems and somewhat sad looking broccoli I couldn't get to before it looked sad.)
I had some cashew cream in my fridge and some of the aforementioned sad broccoli, so that was the basis for the soup. The soup, I am sure, will end up being part of a casserole soon--I never seem to eat the leftovers as soup--but for the first pass, it was great!
Of course, I know whatever casserole I make from this soup will be the thing that really excites me, but in this moment, this is great. No complaints, other than the odd color the soup turned out to be (too much carrot, maybe?).

Comments
Post a Comment