5 Easy No-Deprivation Vegan Packed Lunches

I know if you follow along here for more than five seconds, you'll see that I am an omnivore, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate sometimes challenging myself to make vegan lunches. Here are my top five:

1. Pinto bean salad with fruit, pretzel thins, and avocado chunks. This would also be lovely with tortilla chips.

2. Veggies with hummus, pretzel thins, and banana chips with chocolate-hazelnut spread--which yes, can be vegan!

3. Fruit chunks, fancy chocolate (vegan, of course, if you can find it), tortilla pinwheels made with peanut butter and apple, and veggies with hummus.

4. Fruit, marinated tofu, peanut noodle salad, and marinated beets mixed with shredded carrots. This salad used Moroheiya noodles.

5. Cuban black beans and rice with fruit. My recipe for the beans and rice is given here.

None of these meals made me wish for animal proteins. All had a good diversity of flavors and colors. So challenge yourself: Have a vegan lunch now and then. You won't necessarily have to miss anything.

Comments

Popular Posts