Sequestration Meal #374

 


Not sure why I was in this mood, but I was: Coconut crusted tofu (recipe from Cook Eat Love) with sriracha mayo (Vegenaise + sriracha), steamed rice with nori furikake, and Asian sautéed zucchini and squash with onions and mushrooms (recipe from Recipe Hippie).

This was so satisfying! The coconut tofu was really easy to make and so good. If you don't like coconut, you would not like this; it's a strong coconutty flavor. But I was going for that, so it was a winner for me! You just cut and marinate the tofu, then coat it in panko, cornstarch, black sesame seeds, and coconut and bake it for about 20 minutes. It turns out beautifully golden, crispy, and flavorful. I love it when I don't have to fry things! Sriracha mayo was the perfect accompaniment for it. I left the chili garlic sauce out the marinade because I planned on the sriracha mayo, and so I didn't get spice on spice, which I can't really handle.

The squash recipe was spicy, too, though, so it was a pretty spicy meal over all. Fortunately, my geographic tongue hasn't been acting up, so I get to have peppery things. I liked this squash, but it isn't my favorite way to have squash. I'm looking forward to cooking up the rest with some tomatoes and basil to go alongside pasta. It wouldn't go with coconut tofu, though, so here this was the right choice.

Comments

  1. Everything looks and sounds great! I'm especially intrigued by the coconut crusted tofu! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good and not difficult. Highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful, so pretty! I agree, I love not having to fry things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts