What I Ate in a Day #9

The overall darkness right now makes these posts hard to do because the photos I take after sundown look so terrible, but I decided to go ahead, with the full acknowledgement that my evening meal photos are not up to my own standards. Oh, well. You can't have everything all the time! But I wanted to do one of these since I hadn't in a while.

On this day, which I had off work but spent at home, breakfast was leftover banana chocolate chip pancakes with stewed raspberries (from frozen) and coconut whipped topping.

My whipped topping was sliding off while I was trying to get my pancake to pose.

Alongside this, I had (not pictured) herbal tea and a glass of soy milk.

Lunch was a classic for me:

Basic rice pilaf, Gardein "f'sh" filets (I still want to call them fishless filets, but they've changed the name), homemade tartar sauce, and steamed broccoli and carrots. I love this meal. And I love that I get to have it more often now that I go to the grocery store myself and can buy the filets!

I had iced seltzer with lemon with my lunch. 

Later I had a snack of an Evolved caramel coconut butter cup and herbal tea. I also took a multivitamin and an algae-based DHA supplement. Most of this is not pictured. This is the whole package of the caramel coconut butter cups, but I just had one (half a package).


It gets dark around 4:00PM these days, so dinner was hard to photograph. I had leftover butternut squash lasagna and green beans with almonds and mushrooms.


I felt like I needed more protein on this day, so I rounded things out with a Lucy Glo apple and some peanut butter.


I will include the Lucy Glo apple in a future review of new things I've tried compilation, but I'll spoil it now: I love this apple! It's the perfect balance of tart and sweet and it was crisp and juicy just as I like it. (I've had a few mealy apples lately and I needed a win here.) Plus: Red flesh! So fun!

So there you have it: A full day in late fall. What are you eating lately?

Comments

  1. Look at all that wonderful food! Nice! I know what you mean about photos and light. My house is SO SO SO dark all of the time but my parents house is well lit. I like taking photos over there way more than at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely! I need to get a better set up for my home studio. (Typically, I use my kitchen bay window, which is perfect--so long as it isn't dark outside.)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that apple! I thought it was watermelon when I first saw the photo. I have never seen an apple with red flesh, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're relatively new! People do such fascinating things with selective breeding. I don't think I'd ever seen such a thing available, either, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for them now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts