Sequestration Meal #680

 


More in the realm of fun foods I made mostly because I needed to use something up: Singapore noodles with tofu (recipe from Minimalist Baker).

I made this because I had some rice vermicelli in my cabinet that had been there so long I didn't even remember buying it, and I have some memory of liking Singapore noodles long, long ago. These weren't quite Singapore noodles, not having any specialty ingredients, but they were close. More importantly, they were delicious. The flavor of the sweet-sour sauce, alongside the curry spices, was just so satisfying.

I didn't actually buy anything for this, because I had everything else on hand anyway. To be fair, I usually have most of it--and I'm working my way through a giant package of snow peas (in case you didn't notice, but I'm pretty sure you would have by now). But that was a bonus! Delicious and psychologically "free"! (Obviously, it cost me something, but as not specifically for this, it feels like it's free food. I think the kids these days call that "girl math," though I'm not sure I like that term.)

I still have a half a package of those thin rice noodles, and I'm excited to find a way to eat those, too! This is a remarkably fun challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts