Sequestration Meal #689


 Time for rice and banchan again! Here, I have chickpeas and sweet potatoes in a sweetened gochujang sauce, steamed broccoli, my favorite Korean carrot salad (which is, as I've noted before, Ukrainian), some roasted radishes with soy sauce and sesame seeds, and rice with everything bagel seasoning.

A bit unconventional, maybe, but still good! I only semi-followed a recipe for the chickpeas and sweet potatoes, which turned out frightfully spicy (oh, well). But I did follow the radishes recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen and (of course) the carrots recipe from Lavender and Macarons. Both turned out really well; I like to have radishes occasionally, even if not all that frequently. It would help if I could get the bagged radishes (without greens) that are always on the website but not on the store; I don't really enjoy dealing with radish greens. But such is life.

See you soon!

Comments

  1. Radish greens can, incidentally, be sauteed up like any other greens (but more peppery than most). I do not like handling their prickles, but the prickles seem to generally vanish/melt when cooked? It's been years, though. (also, the comments are flinging back a "Failed to publish comment. Please try again later." error repeatedly, which is annoying. I am viewing through Chrome on Windows, no add-ons, and I tell you, I am *NOT* a robot, really I am not.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! I'll have to look into that, although honestly I am not sure how to fix it. Radish greens have usually become inedible by the time I get to them, sadly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts