Sequestration Meal #691

 


Using what I've got: Rice, peanut butter soy curls, roasted broccoli, and cauliflower leaf stir fry, all with everything bagel seasoning.

The soy curls and broccoli are from this recipe at Cooking for Peanuts. I found it dried a bit; I should have added more water to the sauce. That was my fault, though. It was pretty great, though I ended up adding soy sauce and chili garlic sauce to my portion.

The cauliflower leaf stir fry is my own take on a recipe that I veganized a while ago with vegan butter. I keep making it, but tweaking it here and there. This time, I used white shoyu sauce rather than soy, so you could still see the vibrant green of he leaves and stems. But I think these are greener anyway, because these are the leaves from a purple cauliflower, which had darker leaves with purple streaks (so pretty). I really wish they left more of the leaves on the cauliflower I buy! But most people don't eat them, to be fair. (So sad--eat your cauliflower leaves; they are amazing.)

The white shoyu sauce is the reason this isn't gluten free; it otherwise would be.

I had planned to have this with some cucumber-carrot salad and pepper and onion stir fry, but I was too tired to make them. Oh, well. Sometimes, you do what you have to do and move on.

This was pretty tasty anyway! Just not as colorful.

Comments

Popular Posts