Little Dishes #15


It's time for salad again--the fancy kind that I probably spent too much on but chose not to focus on money for because summer is miserable. Here I have green olive bean salad with chive basil dressing (recipe from Plant Based RD), cucumbers, tomatoes, crackers, and Bitchin sauce.

Basically, what I did to eat the black plate was to spread the sauce on the crackers and top with the cucumber and tomatoes, and I had the salad on the side.

This was good! I really enjoyed the salad. It also was easy food prep for packed lunches for the week. I did feel like I was being a little ridiculous buying everything for the salad, but summer will end, I keep telling myself, and I'll want to go back to cheaper casseroles soon enough. (I saw a similar pattern last summer. It's just me in the summer!)

The crackers were really, really good. I picked up a brand that I think is new to me because it was on sale.

Leaning into summer has been the right move so far.

Comments

  1. saw your blog peeking out to me from my bookmarks again today, and i'm glad i visited! always love to see your beautiful, colorful plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those crackers do look good. What brand are they? thanks
    and i agree your presentation always makes things look good

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts