Small Plate #15
I had some black bean chips that needed using, and some Spanish rice and beans in my freezer. Plus, there was a sale on refried beans at my local store. So! What to do but to make my own recipe for taco casserole?
This is seriously so, so good. I added some sour cream and ate this with more black bean chips on the side, and it was perfect. Beans everywhere, maybe, but I don't care. Beans in the rice, refried beans, beans that made the TVP, beans in the chips. Beans. They're miraculous at times.

This meal honors the nutritious, delicious powerhouses that are beans...nice! So many varieties, too little time. (Have a vivid memory of freshly shelled beans--a red bean variety--spread out on huge sheets to dry, during a visit to a friend's farm in Nicaragua. The beans were shiny and beautiful.)
ReplyDeleteDried beans really are beautiful sometimes!
Delete