Laptop Lunches #61

Celery and carrot sticks with spinach artichoke hummus, water crackers, peanut ambrosia salad, a Babybel cheese wheel, and a peanut butter cup shortbread cookie ("Peanut Butter Chubbies," from the Joy of Cooking).

I've got a lot of peanuts on hand and I'm trying to use them up. While I could make Kung Pao Chicken like I usually do under the "too many peanuts in my apartment going stale" umbrella (and I will soon!), I wanted to try something a little different. The peanut ambrosia salad had the added benefit of using up that cup of shredded coconut going stale.

I liked it more than I thought I might, though I think that the cherries the recipe says are optional should have been included for color--this is a little blah. Still, it's a great recipe for winter, when most fresh fruit is out of season.

Comments

  1. Do you buy or make your own hummus? I have been trying to find a good recipe that my daughter would like (I'm weary of store bought). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy my hummus, though I do have a new recipe I want to try soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts