Lunchopolis #39

Maple syrup, grapes, some apple veggie sausage, homemade waffles, and chopped strawberries.

This is the first post in a while I've felt I needed to tag as a "transition to veganism" post. But when you turn around and realize you have that container of powdered buttermilk way in the back of the fridge on the bottom shelf, what to do?

So I attempted waffles. I have never made waffles from scratch like that and here I was, making buttermilk waffles even though I'm vegan (which in my philosophy is fine, as I've said, because just throwing out these things doesn't actually help anyone and it's wasteful), with an egg substitute. And I I had a hard time figuring out how much batter should go in the waffle iron and how long it should cook, but I managed.

And I had waffles. Which can be vegan, although these aren't. I'm not going to tag this post as vegan until after I learn to make vegan waffles, though. And because I still have an awful lot of powdered buttermilk. Sigh.

Comments

  1. You did pretty good on the waffles considering it was your first time making them. I used to work at an ice cream shop and we had to make waffle cones. I really disliked that because the cone was so hot it was difficult to roll it and if you didn't roll it right away it would harden and couldn't be used. But man did it smell good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts