Happy Jackson Snack Boxes #42

Spinach salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers; a cup of Italian dressing, an improvisational carrot salad (shredded carrots, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil), half an avocado, some chocolate on silicone baran to keep it from getting avocado on it, and pasta salad made from leftovers.

The leftovers were Annie's brand vegan "pasta shells & creamy sauce." It is the most promising mac & cheese substitute I've had yet, but the leftovers aren't quite the same (no box mac & cheese is, really, though). So I made pasta salad out of it--added some Vegenaise, a bit of mustard powder, some thawed frozen peas, some olives, and some finely chopped bell pepper and scallions--and it was fantastic.

It's been a little over a year since I decided to go vegan and I really feel like I have the hang of it now. Veggies everywhere, but plenty of ways to also have anything I could imagine in a vegan version. I'm having fun with it now, believe it or not, rather than worrying about it as much. I do still worry, but I'm comfortable with my choices.

Comments

Popular Posts