Skater Lunch Box #31

I almost never pack just one thing for lunch, but I was in a hurry and this couscous salad hits most of the high points. I just had to make sure to get some legume-based protein at breakfast (via the soy milk on my cereal, as it happens.) The salad was a modification of this recipe. I was really pleased with how my version turned out!


Colorful Couscous Salad Dressed with Lime and Cilantro
Serves: 1

2 teaspoons melted vegan butter, such as Earth balance
1 teaspoon lime juice
3/4 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
1 cube frozen cilantro
About 1 cup leftover cooked couscous, at room temperature (you can microwave it for about 15 seconds if needed)
10 grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 scallions, sliced thinly
1 very small avocado or 1/2 a normally sized avocado

Whisk melted vegan butter, lime juice, olive oil, sugar, cilantro, salt, and pepper with a fork in a small bowl; set aside.

Mix couscous, tomatoes, corn, and scallions. Cube avocado and set atop the couscous mixture. Immediately top with the dressing and mix gently.

Comments

Popular Posts