Insulated Jar & Sides #47

Cherries, a skillet dish I'll explain below, and steamed carrots.

I found a roasted pecans, garlic, and whole grain blend mix on sale for half price, so of course I had to pick it up; I know from experience these make for pretty quick meals with minimal thinking. I cooked the mix while I cooked some Gardein beefless tips, then took those out of the skillet to saute some onions and threw in some frozen spinach after the onions had softened. When that was done, I added the beefless tips back to the skillet and then marveled over how beautiful it looked. I kind of regret mixing the grain blend into it because it was somewhat less beautiful then.

The grains here are mostly brown rice, which is rarely my favorite thing, but it tasted good. I might try something like this again with bulgur instead of the grain blend mix.

Comments

  1. I love those Near East blends! I haven’t seen that particular flavor yet. Sounds good. I love the addition of cherries, one of my favorite fruits, for your sweet side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a great lunch! The mix sounds wonderful, especially with your additions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really great combination for the skillet meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked! But really it would have been so much more beautiful with the beef/spinach/onion mix and the grains mixture served as separate things. As a blogger I may think a little too much about presentation sometimes.

      Delete
  4. I always forget about those Gardein beefless tips, but they're so good! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never much cared for steak/stew meat, but Gardein beefless tips are SO GOOD. Pricey, but often worth it.

      Delete
  5. Ooh that dish sounds amazing! It's amazing how some of the most delicious dishes come from experimentation. This really does sound like a delicious and easy skillet meal. Also, CHERRIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid there are a lot of cherries in the lunches I've packed this month but I so rarely get them I feel justified!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts