Temari Rabbit 2-Tier Bento #121

Tomato-basil flavor bruschetta toasts, a bean dip from Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (2010), more potato salad, and cucumber slices.

This, too, was from before the accident, and I am pretty sure I had this the day after the lunch I posted on Monday. The dip was cannellini bean, black olive, sun-dried tomato, and basil dip, which seemed like it would go well with the bruschetta toasts I had (Shop Rite brand; they are excellent on their own, too). It was pretty good, though I think next time I'd add more olives. I'm a fiend for olives.

I still don't have my car back yet. The accident was on October 1, which now feels like a million years ago. Such is life, I suppose. I've been really stressed out between this and some major things happening at work (although I will happily report that I am probably going to be permanently, rather than just temporarily, promoted--long story, but clearly I could use the money right now!). The stress brought on a flare of myathenia gravis symptoms, so I'm sure you'll be seeing some odd meals as I try to get my feet under me again in more ways than one. Often of late, although I am aware of how important trying to keep things in balance is, my meals are just a way to get enough calories in. I'm at least pretty certain this won't last forever.

To end on a happier note, here's a photo I took recently of something pretty:
I don't actually know what this plant is, though. If you do, can you help me identify it?

Comments

  1. I am terrible at knowing what plants are. So all I can say is: yes, pretty!
    Sounds like a pretty tumultuous time, though hooray for the permanent promotion. I hope things settle down. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bruschetta toasts look great! And how exciting about the permanent promotion, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts