Thermos 3-Tier Bento #46

Half a sandwich made from Green Slice mixed garden deli slices and Violife cheddar, original flavor Sunchips, and some homemade alphabet soup.

Yes! I cooked! Even if I did serve my soup with a sandwich and chips (ah, the parade of sandwiches...), I had started cooking something again and it was good. Also, I would note that I tried a new kind of chicken substitute (new to me, anyway--it isn't new), Wegman's Don't Be Chicken. It held up well in soup. I may yet survive when my Beyond Chicken freezer stash is depleted.

I mean, it's no Beyond Chicken but is anything? No. I just have to accept that.

In terms of this soup, I had bought the alphabet noodles on sale a while ago, and I made a chicken noodle soup out of those with a mirepoix (onions, celery, carrots), some frozen spinach, a cut up Don't Be Chicken cutlet, Better than Bouillon chicken-free broth, and a bay leaf. Sometimes simple things are good, and my body thanked me for giving it something homemade. (Sounds weird to say that, as many already-prepped products as I used, but hey. I started with some raw vegetables and they ended up cooked. This is a big deal sometimes.)

I don't know what mystical properties soup possesses, but I always feel like I'm being taken care of, somehow, if I have a hot bowl of soup. There was a gentleness to this soup that I needed at the time.

Comments

  1. That's definitely a big deal to have started cooking again! Soup can be so magical and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure soup is magic, especially if there is pasta in it. Great to be cooking again as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts