Dinner Bowl #133

 


This was another use-it-up special: Vegan "Hamburger Helper" (recipe from This Healthy Kitchen), green beans, and corn sauteed with onions and peppers.

I bought soy curls a while ago after not having them for months. They're cheaper than a lot of other protein sources, and I like them a lot. This recipe was a bit unusual, since you "grind" the soy curls up a bit after browning them. I loved it! They were a nice change of pace from TVP, which is what I'd usually use in something like this. I used the end of a box of macaroni and the end of a box of rotini to get my pasta, and I also added half a package of frozen broccoli to it to make it more veggie-forward.

The green beans and corn were also in my freezer. I used up partial bags of both in this. And I finished off a red bell pepper in the fridge. All in all, I think I did really well in this meal in focusing on what I've got.

It's really, really hard for me to think like this in the summer, and this has been a hard summer in many ways. But I will celebrate when I manage it!

Comments

Popular Posts