Dinner Bowl #139
This was a bit of a mish mash, but mostly worked. I had a frozen Indian-style grains-and-lentils thing in my freezer I bought with a coupon and never knew how to use. So I ended up with this: the grain mix, with pan-fried cilantro lime tofu (recipe for the marinade from Food with Feeling), aloo palak, a simple carrot curry, and homemade naan.
I think the least exciting thing here was the frozen grain mix. There was so much goodness here! The absolute best thing was the aloo palak. Potatoes? Spinach? Tomatoes? Spices? Perfection.
I don't think this naan was quite as good as some I've made before, but that may be the yogurt I used. It goes better with coconut yogurt, I think, but I only had almond. But it was good, to be sure! Just not 100% there. You can't have everything.
But basically everything here was a use-it-up special. I was using the grain mix, and I was using up my limes and cilantro for the tofu, I had one big potato and a bit of spinach so that meant I pretty much had to make aloo palak, and I had a half a can of coconut milk and some carrots so that naturally became curry.
And I actually used up a bag of flour in the naan, too, though I do have more on hand. So. Here's to using things up and being brave enough to do it!

Comments
Post a Comment