Dinner Plate #91
Here's something made from what I had on hand: Leftover rice and beans, chorizo tacos, and vegan charro beans.
First I will acknowledge I was unexpectedly away for a week. So I ate this a while ago and I am catching up on blogging. It's been a time...but this site is not really about that. (I'll just say that it is very, very hard to navigate a world when you're the target of the symptoms of someone else's untreated mental illness.)
But anyway, food!
The rice and beans I'd made before made kind of a ton of food. There is still some in my freezer even now! But this helped make a dent in it.
I also used up a package of vegan chorizo to make a taco filling. I cooked onions and peppers with the chorizo and put that in some flour tortillas with Daiya cheese, lettuce, red onion, and tomato. These are essentially "white people tacos," I guess, from that silly viral song, except with chorizo. They were good.
Vegan charro beans are such a nice side, too.
All in all, no complaints (about the meal, anyway).

Comments
Post a Comment