ECO Lunchbox Three-in-One #35

Tangerine slices, apple wedges, a cup of almond butter (for dipping), and another new salad from Going Solo in the Kitchen, a brown rice-carrot-zucchini salad.

I thought I needed to try to challenge myself to go with something vegan again because it has been a while. This was really delightful--absolutely no deprivation here! I've finally found a rice salad I really like. This one uses a tahini-based dressing that goes very well with the brown rice. It also features raw zucchini, and I had some baby zucchini I'd bought on clearance that was going south quickly, so the timing was good. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to guests, vegan or not. It's unusual without being weird. As with other recipes in Going Solo in the Kitchen, I think it makes more than I'd eat in one sitting, but not more than two servings, which is nice. Unlike yesterday's salad, I would go out of my way to have this again. And on top of everything else, it's gluten free. It's a good ace in one's sleeve if one's social circle includes a lot of people with dietary concerns.

I added the almond butter just to be sure of having enough protein, but it's nice to dip apples in almond butter anyway. I don't think there was really much danger of not having enough protein between the tahini and the brown rice, but I'm not exactly all that experienced with vegan cooking.

Comments

Popular Posts