ECO Lunchbox Three-in-One #55

Homemade pizza (it's vegan! Really!), some garlic dipping sauce from pizza delivery (also vegan, incidentally), some mini croutons, a few dark chocolate triangles, and some salad with a bottle of Italian dressing. A co-worker saw me eating this and accused me of falling off the wagon, but I'm still solidly on it. It's just that I didn't have to give up pepperoni pizza when I gave up animal products.

After the lunch at work that I navigated by eating the salad (the one you see above) alongside a sandwich from home, I knew I needed to make some pizza. I was surrounded by pizza and it depressed me. I haven't had pizza in about 8 months. I really missed it. It was time. And so I took the plunge.

I made a pizza with Daiya mozzarella and Yves veggie pepperoni. It really hit the spot--and this cheese is really stretchy! I was amazed! There will be more pizza soon because I have the pepperoni and cheese and pizza crust and sauce, but next time I may try some other toppings, too.

In other vegan transition news, I found the chocolate in the kosher section. It's dark chocolate with crisped rice--basically, a Crunch bar. And it cost about 40% less than the vegan chocolate in the other part of the store. Live and learn.

Comments

Popular Posts