Lunchbots Quad #7

Cucumber slices and baby carrots with a little cup of vegan ranch dip (Just Ranch), kiwi and grapefruit slices with sweetened shredded coconut, some onion crackers, vegan cream cheese and chives, and homemade pepper relish.

My friend has been bringing crackers and hummus to gatherings at my home for a long while now, because it's the only thing she really trusts as vegan, but guess what I discovered after I ate them? These crackers she left with me aren't vegan. They have milk in them. That's unusual for not-cheesy crackers--crackers tend to be vegan--but there you are. This isn't vegan. It tried to be and wasn't. But I don't sweat this sort of thing and I don't think you should, either; just do your best. Because you can get vegan crackers embarrassingly easily, though, and I prepared this with vegan intent, I've tagged this lunch as vegan.

I hadn't made the pepper relish in a really, really long time, and suddenly it occurred to me that it was probably vegan, so I dug out the recipe, and yup, it's just veggies, a bit of oil to cook them in, water, and seasonings. It still goes great on a cracker with or without the cream cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts