Insulated Jar & Sides #29

I had a day off (hooray!) so we again reach back into the vault for one of those early-attempt-to-go-vegan lunches. This was a recipe I'd found in a cookbook I'd checked out of the public library for green bean and mushroom stroganoff. It is not something I would ever make again, but I learned from the experience--namely, that if you're looking to replicate something that had chunks of beef in the original, you need to put seitan in it or something. Also, that vegan or not, I still want my green beans cooked to death, which these aren't. This came with sides of noodles (not egg noodles anymore--and honestly that may be one of the very hardest things I've given up, because I so loved egg noodles and non-egg pasta just isn't the same) and applesauce.

But I persevered and I'm finding my groove. Looking back on these lunches is really good for me, seeing how far I've come in just a few months.

Comments

Popular Posts