Lunchopolis #54

This is mostly the makings of some sandwiches (toast, smashed avocado chickpea sandwich filling from Trial and Eater, and sliced tomato) and some slices of Korean melon.

I scaled this recipe way down because I only had a little bit of avocado, and I wasn't sure I would like it. It was good, but not as good as the chickpea salad I improvised with another half a can of chickpeas (you'll see that and get the recipe tomorrow). I packed too much filling and ended up having four little open face sandwiches, but it all worked out.

It's been quite a while since I had Korean melon, but a new Korean market opened in the next town. This is very exciting! I'm mostly enamored at the moment with the wide range of fancy fruit juices they have, but I can see a lot of reasons to go there besides fancy juice.

Comments

  1. Yay for the Korean market opening! Is it H-Mart or a different one? I have an H-Mart in walking distance and I LOVE IT. Your sandwich filling sounds good, I've been wanting to try a chickpea avocado salad type of thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not H-Mart--though I LOVE H-Mart (there's one about an hour away)--it's a much smaller, local market. I hope you like my version of chickpea salad!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts