Sequestration Meal #640

 


I was in the mood for something different, and also super excited to get to have the oven on. So I made this intriguing recipe for sweet potato tot casserole from Yup It's Vegan and served it with some makeshift avocado salsa dip thing (more on that below), sliced tomatoes with cilantro, fried plantains, and some Tofutti sour cream.

It was supposed to be guacamole, but the avocado was uncooperative, so I just took what I could from it and called it a dip. It went well with the plantains, which were not as ripe as I would have liked and therefore not too soft and more like chips. So it doesn't sound great but I honestly loved it!

I'd cut the casserole recipe in half, which is why I had to make fried plantains, because the casserole itself only had half a plantain in it. It was a fun complexity of flavors, plus I got to make a pretty baked dish. Here it is in all it's glory so you can appreciate it.

Who doesn't love a tot?

In any case, this was a good meal, and one that really felt adventurous, too. I'm not as familiar with plantains as I'd like to be, but I'm getting to be more familiar with them. 

If you want a gluten free/nut free option, by the way, this might be a fun one to try.

Comments

  1. That is a beautiful looking casserole! I have never seen sweet potato tots here. Only chips and wedges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only recently discovered them! I prefer the regular potato tots, but sometimes you want to change things up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts