Sequestration Meal #651

 


Though the lighting at night is now not at all kind to the food, I am going ahead with this: Rice, yangnyeom chickpeas (substituting agave for honey in this recipe from Food 52), quick pickled cucumbers, Korean-style marinated avocado (recipe from Basic Sunday), and onions sauteed with yellow bell pepper.

I may have over-spiced myself here, between the gochujang in the chickpeas and the jalapeno in the avocado. But this was still delicious! I have never thought to marinate an avocado before, but it was delightful. Just be sure it's still firm so it doesn't turn to mush.

The chickpeas are something I've had before and loved; it's really one of the best recipes I've ever had. And the sauce goes just as well with soy curls.

Comments

  1. Marinated avocado is something I have never heard of before either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a good use for not-quite-ripe avocados, when you're in the mood to have one but it isn't ready for you yet. Mine were probably on the verge of being too ripe but I stirred very gently.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts