Sequestration Meal #652

 


I set forth on my own here and it worked out swimmingly: Stuffed shells, Zucchini Italiano (recipe from Barbara Swain's Cookery for 1 or 2 (1978)), and steamed cauliflower.

The stuffed shells were very basic, but delicious. I made some of my favorite tofu cashew ricotta the day before. Then, I cooked some onion in butter, then added garlic and finally spinach, and cooked that down. I mixed that with the ricotta and stuffed it into pre-cooked jumbo shells. The shells were baked in some jarred mushroom pasta sauce. So good. I actually ate a few shells cold when I was stuffing them because they didn't fit the pan, which is why I have such a small serving here.

The zucchini is a favorite recipe of mine that I always love; no surprise that I loved it here!

I haven't had cauliflower in ages, and I am glad I remedied that, but I still want more...

Here's to successful experiments!

Comments

  1. Cauliflower is very good. Hurrah for an excellent experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved cauliflower before it was trendy, and I still love it now that it is passe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts