Sequestration Meal #654

 


I seem to decide, sometime in early fall, that I am not waiting for Thanksgiving for all the goodies, and proceed to make all the fancy things. And I have no regrets about that, as there is a reason meals like those are all about the sides. In any case, here we have baked tofu with a blackberry maple ginger glaze (recipe from Make It Dairy Free), butternut squash casserole with cranberries and apples (recipe from The Yummy Bowl), some stovetop stuffing (made from Pepperidge Farm mix), and garlic roasted brussels sprouts (recipe veganized from Cooktoria).

I didn't boil the glaze long enough, and next time I will do that--it needs to really cook down. But it tasted good and it was such a pretty color! Who needs anything else when we have fancy tofu?

The squash casserole was super easy and also delicious, but I expected nothing less, as it had so many good things in it. I may have baked mine slightly too long, as it was pretty mushy rather than fork tender, but I also adore really soft veggies, so I have no complaint.

I've had that package of stuffing since last holiday season, because one never wants to be out of stuffing, even if one doesn't have anything to put with it most of the time. I love stuffing. It's my favorite thing about this season.

Roasted brussels sprouts aren't my preference (I prefer boiled, sue me), but the oven was already on and I knew I already liked this recipe. I just had to use vegan butter rather than the dairy kind and it was vegan.

Here's to fall! Happy Halloween!

Comments

  1. You have to make the most of the seasons, much more fun to enjoy foods all season long rather than wait for certain specified days I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some things I like to reserve for their appropriate seasons, but food isn't usually one of those things. A local pharmacy put up Christmas decorations in early October, which is taking things way too far, but butternut squash and brussels sprouts and stuffing? We should have as much of those things as we can!

      Delete
    2. All the shopping centres here have their Chrismtas decorations up by the end of October. Tis the season, whatever that means.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts