Staycation Meal #14

 


The final of my staycation meals was delicious, but hard to plate. I made brussels sprout and mushroom enchiladas (recipe from Abra's Kitchen), some Mexican rice, and vegan charro beans.

It was hard to plate because the method given for rolling the enchiladas pretty well ensures it's virtually impossible to get them rolled without tearing the tortillas, and then, when I tried to dish them out, they didn't hold together. For me, they hold together better if you fry them in oil, rather than just warming the tortillas dry, though obviously that significantly increases calorie counts. The taste is just as good, but these are messier. So I topped them with some sliced avocado, and you don't really see them there.

The green sauce in these enchiladas is very spicy, but also delicious. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect from brussels sprouts in enchiladas, but they're really good! Shredded brussels sprouts and finely chopped mushrooms make for a really interesting (good interesting, not bad interesting) texture. They go really well with avocado.

Brussels sprouts are seasonal, of course; that's one of the reasons I chose this recipe. But I'm glad to have this adventure regardless of season. Aren't food adventures amazing?

Comments

Popular Posts