What I Ate in a Day #34

If my shoulder will let me, I will go buy food soon. But while it hasn't let me do that in nearly a month, I have been figuring out ways to work with what I do have. Here's a full day of effort that actually turned out pretty well.

Breakfast was this coconut quinoa porridge with clementine segments, mini chocolate chips, and more coconut. The porridge recipe is from Emile Eats. I used maple syrup, which was fine; I don't know what to say about this porridge other than it did the job and it was kind of fun.

For lunch, I salvaged some zucchini to make zucchini fritters (recipe adapted somewhat from Holistic Foodie), which I had on a bed of lettuce a neighbor gave me with some lemon tahini dressing. Alongside that, I had some simple carrot salad in a walnut vinaigrette (a recipe I've long loved, from Healthy Cooking for Two (Or Just You) (1995)), and some corn sauteed in vegan butter with onions and red bell pepper. By now, the bell pepper was pretty wrinkly, but still edible when cooked. This meal was kind of an odd combination, but somehow still satisfied me.

Though there was soy milk in my morning porridge, along with the quinoa, and chickpea flour and tahini in my lunch, I still needed more protein, I felt. So I made a much more protein-heavy dinner. This is peanut butter-gochujang ramen with carrots, broccoli, scallions, a folded JUST Egg from my freezer, and black sesame seeds. This was delicious, and so, so satisfying.

Not pictured, I had a multivitamin, an aglae-based DHA supplement, some chocolate, and a few cups of herbal tea.

I remain ever so grateful to myself for being stocked up enough to get through long seasons without grocery stores; COVID has taught me well.

Comments

Popular Posts