Low Bowl #47
This meal came from a rebellion against my plans, and I'm not sure why. It was tasty, though! I had some Japanese noodles in my pantry from literal ages ago that somehow didn't get used in my 2025 use-things-up quest, and they were the basis for a spicy peanut noodle soup with mushrooms, broccoli, and scallions. I garnished it with the green scallions, sesame seeds, and chili oil.
This isn't a far cry from peanut butter ramen, really, but it was a bit different. Sometimes, I think spicy foods call to me as a way of managing stress, for whatever reason. In any case, it was delicious.

Have made something very similar more than once, and always delicious. re spicy foods, there's lots of info out there, but here's a nice basic (from the Mayo Clinic) on why we feel better eating spicy: https://communityhealth.mayoclinic.org/featured-stories/benefits-of-spice
ReplyDeleteThanks for that! I knew I had read something about endorphins before, but it's interesting that it's also anti-inflammatory to eat spicy things.
Delete