Laptop Lunches #213

Bratwurst, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, Granny Smith apple slices, tiny cups of mustard (for the bratwurst) and almond butter (for the apples), and pickled beets.

Want to know something funny? Growing up, I hated mustard. Okay, more like hated mustard. But now, on bratwurst...and in lots of other things, actually...mustard is fantastic.

But I still hate it on sandwiches and hot dogs, which may be the only way it was presented to me growing up. I will never forget the moment (I must have been 5 years old) that someone offered me mayo on a hot dog. (Internal dialogue: I can have mayo on a hot dog!? Why has nobody ever given me this before!?) This was when I fell in love with hot dogs. It was a similar kind of thinking when I first had bratwurst with mustard. Why has nobody ever given me this before!?

Maybe it's just me.

Comments

Popular Posts