Laptop Lunches #216

Banana chips with a tiny cup of caramel hazelnut spread for dipping, half a tangerine with the seeds removed, cherry tomato halves tossed with fresh mozzarella (I debated doing a basil vinaigrette over this, but decided I didn't have time), half a small pear, olive tapenade, rolls of ham, and cheddar flavored rice-almond crackers.
I have rarely been able to eat raw pears, but this one was really nice--not too soft. I'm glad I braved it. Plus it had a nice color contrast going on, no?

I think the ham, olive tapenade, and crackers were too salty overall to be had together; I needed something plainer. But it still tasted good.

An aside, in mini-rant form: Why do tangerines have so many seeds? You couldn't possibly just cut this into wedges the way I typically do with oranges--you'd get a seed in every bite that way, maybe two or three. I realize my oranges are bred for that, but still. You'd think each tangerine tree wanted to reproduce itself thousands of times over every year. Relax, tangerine tree, relax!

Comments

Popular Posts