ECO Lunchbox Three-in-One #73

Sliced tomatoes on a bed of romaine with creamy dill dressing on the side, Texas caviar from Healthy Cooking for Two (or Just You), vegan cornbread from the Minimalist Baker, and a little cup with vegan butter spread in it and its matching little spreader tool. (The blue matches the design on the lid you can't see from this angle.)

Texas caviar is still the only way I've yet liked to eat black-eyed peas, but I'm on the lookout for more and open to suggestions.

I'm so glad I tried the Minimalist Baker's cornbread recipe. It is just what I needed--crumbly, sweet, and buttery. I doubled the recipe and ate mini loaves like this for breakfast for a few days, spread with vegan butter and drizzled with bee-free honey, though maple syrup (as she suggests) would also be lovely. (And as my beloved bee-free honey--"Honee"--appears to have disappeared from my local stores, I may just have to adjust, anyway, because I'm unlikely to ever be willing to pay to ship it to myself.)

Comments

  1. OMG this looks so good! I have been telling myself I'm going to make cornbread or corn muffins for months now but I haven't. I'm definitely inspired to now! It looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firmly believe that black eye peas only exist for making texas caviar- specifically in new year’s day, aka the one day i eat them.
    That cornbread sounds delicious! I’m a big fan of mixing some maple strup and cinnamon into softened “butter”, then using that for toast and bread
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts