ECO Lunchbox Three-in-One #74

Vegan mashed potato waffles from the Idaho Potato Commission, applesauce, celery stuffed with peanut butter, and non-dairy sour cream.

The celery and peanut butter are there to make this less a carb-overload meal. They worked for that, but it was kind of a weird addition here--let's call them my appetizer.

If I'd had the time and bandwidth, I envisioned topping the waffles with cooked spinach and mushrooms. They would be good that way, or maybe with some gravy, or maybe as a bread substitute for a burger of some kind. But they were also really quite good just with non-dairy sour cream. I did transfer them to a paper towel and warm them in the microwave a bit before I ate them--they're nothing to be proud of when cold--but this recipe is a keeper. The Idaho Potato Commission! Who knew!?

I love that my waffle maker produces little waffles the exact right size for this box. But I also wish I had a bigger one so the process went a bit faster. Oh, well. That's life!

Comments

  1. OMG those waffles! Those look and sound incredible and it's such a great idea! There are few things that are better than potatoes with sour cream too. Your bento looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be verrrry into mashed potato waffles! I almost like leftover mashed potatoes as pancakes with the crispy edges better than the original mashed potatoes.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mashed potato waffles look awesome, and it sounds like you have some fun topping ideas for the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts