Thermos 3-Tier Bento #42 (But Only Using One Tier)

Soup. That was as far as I got and it worked out okay.

I have reached the end of a very hard week, and nearly the end of my pantry, even though I had almost no interest in food whatsoever. This soup was made as follows:

I started by sauteeing onions, carrots, and celery in a bit of olive oil (your basic mirepoix). I then added a few cups of broth made from the Better than Bouillon no-chicken stock and cooked a few Gardein meatballs and some tiny pasta shapes (I had a little bit of dilettante and some orzo) in the simmering broth. I then added some frozen spinach and the rest of the beans and pesto you saw yesterday and heated it through. It was good soup. I might make it again on purpose when I haven't been unable to go grocery shopping for weeks.

A friend is pushing me to try grocery delivery; don't worry, I will definitely embrace that option when I really need it. But I made it! I survived! It's been soup-heavy for summer this week but I needed the fluids.

I still wasn't up to a full-fledged grocery run but I did pick up a few things to supplement what I have left and I'm optimistic about the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Comments

  1. Your soup looks great, especially for a pantry meal! Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The basic idea for this soup is actually pretty great--I wouldn't normally eat it in the summer, but I'll try to remember it in the winter.

      Delete
  2. I agree, your soup looks delicious, especially for a meal that you put together out of pantry items when you weren't feeling great. I truly hope that you'll be able to enjoy some fresh food soon and that you'll start to feel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to make something like this again! But next time I hope I have more meatballs on hand.

      Delete
  3. For something you made when you weren't feeling great and with what you had on hand, the soup looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts