Monbento Square #17 (Single Tier)

Fried rice with a new-to-me mung bean omelet chopped in it and an improvisational, gotta-use-it-up side of cucumber and tofu in peanut sauce.

The mung bean omelet is from Liv B. It is the thing I've been missing in fried rice for all my vegan years. It has that firm texture of a well cooked egg that I haven't been able to replicate otherwise, and it was so easy. Plus it is way, way less expensive than Just Egg (which I've never had because the cost is frightful, but is also made from mung beans). You'll see more of these mung bean egg things in my future. You can't imagine how excited I was. No, it doesn't really scramble, but you don't need it to scramble--just chop it up.

Comments

  1. Ooooh, that mung bean omelet sounds intriguing, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's good, easy, and cheap. Supposedly that can't be had all at once, but sometimes things can be surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mung bean omelet sounds great; I'm glad you don't have to miss anything in your fried rice now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts