Sequestration Meal #290

 

A light but satisfying dinner: lemon-soy baked tofu from Cook for Your Life and some quinoa and spinach adapted and veganized from a recipe at WW (which I will never stop calling Weight Watchers; seriously, they're not fooling anyone over there by rebranding as "WW").

Doesn't this tofu look meaty? I think it's the combination of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar that gives it that nice shade. It has a nice lemony flavor, too.

The quinoa was good, but could have used something to perk it up--probably a squeeze of fresh lemon would have done that for it, too! Even so, I was glad to have it. These days I feel like anytime I make a pretty meal I've won some sort of battle. It's tough at times. But I feed myself as well as I can, and maybe someday things will feel different for all of us.

Comments

  1. That tofu looks wonderful with that colour! On first glance I thought it was some sort of tofu bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comments on a previous dish have not posted, tried twice. Testing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you! I'll check to see if you got flagged as spam or something.

      Delete
    2. Nope, nothing there. What post were you trying to comment on? I do have moderation set for older posts, and one was caught there but not yours.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts