Sequestration Meal #655

 


Without intending to do so, I made an allergy-friendly feast! I was inspired by a recipe I ran across for plantain rice bowls from Sailor Bailey, but I wanted something more flavorful, so I made some Mexican black beans (recipe from Oh Sweet Basil) and some improvisational "taco rice" to go along with the plantains, avocado, and cilantro-avocado sauce.

I totally forgot to add tomatoes and pepitas, but there's always the chance to add that to the leftovers! This was pretty amazing. As I'd indicated I would the first time I made the black beans, I added an onion; I'm not sure if that really did much but I enjoyed it.

The taco rice is basically just a Mexican-style rice with taco seasoning (I made the taco seasoning myself, but it's pretty basic). It didn't have peppers ands such in it because I figured the sauce would do a lot and I was a bit tired, so I wanted to minimize chopping.

The plantains were at the absolute perfect stage of ripeness. I absolutely love well-fried ripe plantains that have been generously salted, and they went so well with everything else here.

And here you have a vegan meal with no gluten, soy, or nuts. Go wild, everyone!

Comments

  1. Looks wonderful. I have been craving plantains lately, but they are a bit of a mission to find here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! I like how diverse the options are where I live. It may not always be vegan friendly in general, but I can get lots of different kinds of produce.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts